Pinterest Pin

Monday, 22 October 2012

Collar Necklace



I couldn't resist making a collar necklace for my mom for her birthday.

This trend is really growing on me. I'm might even make one for myself even though it's not in the sewing plan.

This project was heavily inspired by this post at Trinkets in Bloom, which caught my eye because I can't resist pearls! I have an absolutely silly amount of pearls kicking around in my craft drawer. I really love the diversity of colours, sizes and textures that I was able to use.

Instead of taking the collar from a ready to wear shirt, I just sewed one from the BurdaStyle blouse pattern that I used to make this lovely shirt (which I happen to be wearing as I type this).

This is a great project for scraps and I even made this version reversible! Kinda.

What accessory trends are you dying to get in on?

No comments:

Post a Comment