Pinterest Pin

Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Fall 2012: The Master Plan

I'm easily overwhelmed by how sad my wardrobe is. To try and stay focused and motivated I'm going to try to choose 6 projects each season that will give me the most bang for my buck. Or for my time, really. I'm pretty much the slowest sewer ever.

I really need more work appropriate clothes, so I'm going to try to focus on that this season.


Lace Skirt.



I've been lusting after lace for months so I'm finally making a project with lace. I definitely want a lace skirt with a scalloped hem, even though I know this will cost more and be a lot more difficult. Sometimes I'm a masochist. I have a pattern for a pencil skirt that now fits impeccably.

Man's Blazer.



Total disregard for goal number one in my previous post. That's right. But I've been interested in tailoring for ages and I promised my boyfriend that I would make him one. The only way I'll finally do so is if I put it down in writing.

White Oxford Shirt.



I love my blue striped oxford that I made so much that I want to make millions of them! I want a plain white one that I can wear with everything. This time I'm going to dart the back and hopefully the adjustments that I made to the pattern will make the collar line up with the front placket. I also want to make the vents on the sleeves look more professional.

Simple Sheath Dress.



I love dresses because you don't have to think; you just accessorize and go. I've been wanting to make more peonies but with a fitted skirt and lining. I'm planning to use the pattern for the pencil skirt to replace the a-line skirt that comes with. Because of my body type ( a pear with a small waist), I have to have clothing with lots of seam lines to be able to get the fit I want without distorting the fabric

Bow Blouse



I need more separates! I just do. Versatility and what not. I already have Vogue pattern V1127 so that's that.


Draft Pants Pattern


Speaking of separates, I need a tried and true pants pattern. I've made a few pants but I need a pattern that I don't have to spend 10 hours tweaking the fit of while I'm sewing it. Even if I don't make any pants this fall I need to get a pattern sorted out.

What are some other great work basics that I should sew? What are your most useful garments?

No comments:

Post a Comment