Pinterest Pin

Wednesday, 26 December 2012

The Crushinator: Pocketacular!

Today I made pockets, and how. I even made a meta pocket. The Inception of pockets.

A pocket within a pocket.


I've made a few welt pockets from a few different tutorials but with this jacket, I decided to follow the instructions exactly. And boy, were there instructions.

I learned a lot but I feel like I would have had better results if I had used the techniques that I'd used before. There's nothing wrong with the instructions that came with, but there were just so many steps and pieces and it ended up being pretty bulky. I can't tell what the benefits of the included techniques would be.


Tomorrow I'm gonna go down to the notion store and buy a clapper. I'd only been holding out this long because I really hate the idea of spending 15 bucks on a nicely sanded piece of wood but the iron alone isn't cutting the mustard.



Gettin' there! Man, I'm  slow at sewing.



No comments:

Post a Comment