Pinterest Pin

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

New

Happy New Year!

At first I was planning to use this post to talk about all the things I wished I had gotten done last year and all the things that I'm going to do this year but instead I'm going to talk about how excited I am!

I've definitely been working my way towards taking the leap into learning to draft my own patterns, perfect fit and improve my finishing techniques. A few days ago I was turned on to a bespoke tailoring forum by Chris and it seems like the perfect opportunity for me to learn so much about traditional, professional sewing methods. I'm so excited to learn every last detail!

I feel like there's been a major change in the way I feel about clothes lately. In the past I've felt almost panicky about how I looked in the clothes that I was wearing and not having enough clothes or the right clothes but I'm feeling much more confident lately. Even with the new job, I'm not having trouble finding outfits that I'm happy wearing to the office.

This is totally new to me! Maybe I just finally have the 'right' clothes for me.

Whatever is different, I feel like I don't have to worry about trying to produce clothes quickly (which I was never good at anyway), and now I can focus on making them really excellent and improving my technical understanding.



"It is better to enjoy yourself and have something you are proud to wear rather than being over ambitious and end up having to bin the fruits of your long labour"

-Sator, CutterandTailor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment