Pinterest Pin

Sunday, 20 January 2013

Style Crush: Terrible Confession

You guys, I have a confession to make.

My boyfriend out-dresses me on a daily basis. He decided recently that he's going to wear a suit or similar every day. He works at a large university and can pretty much wear whatever he wants. And he wants to wear great clothes.



Look at all the majesty. I have this picture because my sweetheart has decided to not only wear suits every day, but to document his outfits. Yes, yes. He started his own lookbook, so he could remember what he's already worn, and try new things.

He looks so good! Someday I'll have a wardrobe worthy of it's own lookbook. One that includes suspenders.


Course, if I wore suspenders, I would spend the whole day making eighties guy references, so probably best that I forgo the suspenders.


I do love menswear, though. I love that even though at first glace there's much more restriction in what guys can wear for business, it seems like it's easier for guys to look great, their clothes take longer to go out of style (if ever) and they still have subtle ways to inject their personality.


Do you think it's easier for guys to dress well or is it just a the-grass-is-always-greener kind of thing?

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I think the grass is always greener, but the restrictions on guys' clothes creates structure for creativity and personal refinements. I'm trying to develop a uniform for myself to take advantage of that kind of structure, but it's so easy to get side-tracked by neat options

    ReplyDelete