Sunday, 6 January 2013
The Crushinator: Adventures in Sleeves
I think my sweetheart would have liked surgeon's cuffs but this jacket is complicated enough.
Umm... so problems with shaping the front. The book I'm using details the construction of women's jackets, and I guess it's pretty different.
I've also come to realize that I probably bought hair canvas that is way too heavy for the fabric and how I want the jacket to look and feel. I can't figure out why I didn't put more thought into what I bought. Gah.
Well, on wards and upwards.
I really have no idea what I'm doing (surprise!)to fix this but so far I've ripped out the front half of the arm seems and taken in a lot more at the dart and cut the armscye further into the front of the jacket. So far it looks like it's helped and I'm gonna steam the crap out of it to try and shape it better.
Next, I'll have to do a bit of a nip/tuck at a couple of places in the back before posting more picks.
Then all I have to do is make up the lining (with the same alterations that I made to the shell) and attach the facings, transfer the alterations to the pattern pieces, finish the lining, add buttons and buttonholes. Like it's easy.