Pinterest Pin

Sunday, 24 February 2013

Crushinator: The Final Crushining



Jacket: Conquered.

Well, maybe conquered isn't the word I'm looking for.

Let's...call it a draw.

Here I am finishing off the final buttonhole!

After working on and worrying about it for so many months, it's so strange to have this finally done! It makes all the things I'm not happy with seem so final.


The biggest issues are that the back of the collar doesn't cover the collar seam (It was fine when I constructed and steamed it but I think something went wrong when the roll of the collar matched up with the roll of the lapel or something, I don't know). And you can see there's some sagging in the front. I think maybe the buttonholes should have been higher but it sure is too late to change it now.

I also somehow managed to CUT THROUGH THE FABRIC at the back if the collar! I think it happened when I was trimming the collar seams and now there's a quarter inch slit in the fabric at the centre back of the collar, right on the roll line. Ugh.


The most important part, though, is that my Sweetheart likes it and wears it!

And it's only two months late. Merry Christmas, Sweetheart!.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is an amazing jacket. A lot of work went into that! And even though you pointed out the flaws, no one else would probably notice!

    It was great meeting you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was wonderful to meet you, too!

      Delete
  2. Dana, So nice meeting you last Saturday!

    The jacket turned out fantastic!! Absolutely FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said you had been working on a jacket, I had no idea! Amazing job, I hope it is appreciated!

    Great to meet you last week - maybe we will bump into each other in the 'hood.

    ReplyDelete