Pinterest Pin

Thursday, 28 March 2013

Eight Days a Week Dress

What do you think; should I make 6 more of these and wear them every day of the week? I'm pretty much thinking yes.



I feel like this last look needs cowboy boots and scarves and chunky jewelry.

Do you like how in this photoset, I'm pretending like I'm styling this dress in three different ways but really I'm just taking off my clothes in stages?

This is Kwik Sew K3559, with just a little alteration. The original pattern has the back of the dress and sleeves all in one flat piece but I had a feeling that it would be pretty unflattering on me. I need a little bit of volume in the back!


I think it ended up looking pretty nice. What I did was trace the yoke curve from the front sleeve/yoke piece onto the back and then used the front body piece for the front and the back so there was a yolk on the front and back. Does that make sense? Basically, the front and back are the same except for the neckline. It also allowed me to use a shorter cut of fabric and reduce waste.

I made this with the black rayon/bamboo jersey i bought and I love the drape. This dress is comfy! I don't usually sew with jersey, and I have to use the stretch stitch on my cheap Brother machine because I don't have a serger.

I put less effort into this garment than any garment I've made in a long time, but it turned out so well; I'm really happy with it!

This dress is so flattering and versatile. Have you made a dress like that? What pattern did you use?

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how sometimes the simplest patterns/garments turn out to be the most wearable, versatile, and flattering ones. Your dress is a perfect example of that.

    ReplyDelete