Pinterest Pin

Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Wait...What?



How can Google close Reader?

Reader is the only way I can use the internet without being totally overwhelmed and confused. I learned to sew by following sewing blogs on Reader! There's no way I would have been able to access the information I did (and still do) anywhere nearly as effectively without it.

Do you use Reader? What will you use once it closes? Is there anything as simple and intuitive? Also, I really liked that it was just integrated with all my other Google stuff. Ugh. What am I going to do?

Well, at least my stash building continues. I spent $22 on black rayon-bamboo jersey and $33 on swatches (really, most of the cost was shipping) from Mood. I may have missed something by I think I'm at $55 for March. Have I bought anything else so far this month? Maybe it just seems like I'm spending more than I am.

6 comments:

  1. I got the news myself this morning. I found this though and it looks like they are going to try to mimic google reader (good reviews so far): http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/13/feedly-rss-service-promises-seamless-transition-after-google-r/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My switch to Bloglovin last month couldn't have been more timely, then! I find that bloglovin' does everything G Reader did, and looks cleaner. I'm 100% happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - so glad other people have suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Netvibes seems to work well, although all RSS reader sites are being swamped at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Feedly. It's available for firefox, safari, chrome and as apps for your ipad/iphone. It's really nice to use.

    ReplyDelete