Pinterest Pin

Saturday, 6 April 2013

First Draft 2.0

So here's what my first bodice looked like with the first fitting alterations pinned. (Please ignore the gigantic 'apex' markings)


Here's what I did:
  1. Manipulated the block draft so that I could use darts instead of princess seams.
  2. Moved the bust apex
  3. Lengthened the bodice
  4. Increased the dart intake on the back
Here's the result.


Getting closer, right? I can see that the HBL is high in the front, especially between the bust. I guess I'll increase the intake of the side dart and pin the same amount out across the back? 

I'll also need to figure out the armholes and change the front shoulder seam, which I realized I hadn't drafted quite right. 

Anything else that I've missed?

I'm so excited to get this fitting! Once I'm happy with this, I'll draft a sleeve, and then add to to bottom of the bodice to make a torso block. And then I'll be ready to make clothes. I'm so excited!

2 comments:

  1. The bodice already looks so much better! You're getting really close now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My next step is to get the armscyes sorted out, which I'm not feeling very confident about.

      Delete