Pinterest Pin

Saturday, 18 May 2013

Long Weekend Fabric Binge!

Thanks to my awesome work schedule, I got to start the long weekend early with Friday off. Four day weekend!

I kicked things off right with a major fabric binge.

I usually like to work on only one project at a time (I've only just started my Cutter and Tailor skirt and I'm in the middle of my reverse engineered shirt) but we've been in our house for over a year and we still have a bedsheet over our bedroom window! So I've finally taken the plunge to decorate. I've even enlisted the help of a professional decorator to help me actually make progress and yesterday we went shopping at Designer Fabric Outlet to get materials needed for curtains, toss cushions drapes and a headboard. Including the hardware and cushion inserts, it came to about $1000!!! Good thing I've been saving for about a year. And good thing I can sew, otherwise I would have to pay someone to do the sewing on top of that.

Do you do your own interior decor sewing?

What to see what I bought?


Nice, right? In the top right corner is the lantern that I plan to make into a pendant lamp. All the light fixtures that I was lusting after were $300-$500 and then I saw this at Winners for $25. Homemade electrical fixtures are a good idea, right? Right.

Also, this week I saw this totally bitchen' Red Tailed Hawk IN MY BACKYARD!


And now I'm out to enjoy this gorgeous weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment