Pinterest Pin

Monday, 15 July 2013

Gave 'em the slip

OK, I didn't give anyone the slip but I did make a slip! And I just didn't have a better pun.


It was pretty straight forward, since I had an old slip that didn't fit anymore. I just copied it, did a swayback adjustment and added a whole bunch of room in the hips. On the bias! I don't usually make stuff on the bias so I stay stitched the whole thing before cutting it out.

I also usually don't use polyester and boy did this remind me why I hate polyester. Yuck!

Anyway, I just edged this baby with bias tape and made my first hand rolled hem.


Yay, undergarments!

In other news, I spent about $12 on more thrift store fabric.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I found it via a link on Sew-Hip. I start projects and find myself checking back frequently to see what you're up to. I'm a complete novice and want to learn the skills to become a better seamstress.How did you get so good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks! I learned almost entirely from sewing blogs, actually, which is why I started my own, such as it is.

      Delete