Pinterest Pin

Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Alooooooha!

Hey, when you sew, do you approach each project with a clear plan or do you kind of wing it?


I just spent two weeks on Maui!

OK, that's kind of a non sequitur but leading up to the vacation, I knew I wanted to make myself a beach cover up, I just didn't have a real clear idea of what I wanted it to look like; short or maxi dress? Knit or weave? Form fitting or billowy? All I knew when I started was that I wanted to look glamorous.

I didn't really enjoy the process of making this, and it definitely took longer than I wanted it to, but after a few false starts (owing to the fact that I was making it up as I went along) I sure am happy with how it turned out!



Oh, did I mention that Maui is paradise? I felt very glamorous swanning about the resort in this. I used a digital print Italian linen. So gorgeous! It had a little bit more body than I was originally picturing but I just had to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment