Pinterest Pin

Friday, 17 January 2014

Pattern Appreciation Post: Kwik Sew 3559



I've made a couple of these and I love it!

A chic black version.

A cozy winter version.

I have to confess, I'm planning to go back to Sultan's Fine Fabrics tomorrow to get more wool jersey and make yet another!

These go together fast and, with only a few changes to the pattern, only uses a yard and a half of fabric. (I cut an extra small)

You can see from the line drawing, the original pattern has a yoke on the front but not on the back, with the back body and sleeves all in one piece. I new I wanted more ease in the back so I cut the back piece into a yoke, and used the same pattern piece for the front and back body. Like this, see?


Anyway, because I cut the large back piece into two smaller pieces, I was able to lay the pattern out way more efficiently. Also, it gives me lots room for my caboose!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, your belted versions are fantastic! I also like that you put the yoke in the back as well. Gives it more style.

    ReplyDelete