Pinterest Pin

Sunday, 20 April 2014

Cropped sweater muslin

While I was waffling about whether or not I hated my sheer skirt, I tried on a bunch of ready-to-wear shirts to get inspired, and I got inspired!

I've been loving the pencil skirt-crop top look (I know I'm not the only one) so I made a snap decision that I would make myself a little cropped sweater, despite my lack of experience with knits or even a viable pattern.

So I hauled out my trusty Patternamking for fashion design, ignored all the parts that I didn't understand and whipped up a muslin.


This is one of those muslins that looks fine in the mirror but all the flaws are revealed in photos. Good thing knits are forgiving, since I had already started making up my final version by the time I saw these photos. Oops.


OK, it's sloppy, but you can see that I'm planning to include sexy leather trim and a zipper. I'm using a wool jersey with a 40% lengthwise and 60% crosswise stretch.

Finally, a current style that is flattering to my body type!

No comments:

Post a Comment