Pinterest Pin

Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Inspiration post - dress with contrast piping/binding

I love a dress with a little piping or binding!

It's why I made this dress.


Oh, I made this before I started this blog. Anyway. I'm at it again!

Now, inspiration.

OK, what do you call this? is it binding? piping? It's flat, and for the most part it's part of a seamline, but not always.


There are almost too many options! I'll be using the bodice and skirt patterns that I drafted. The fabric that I've chosen has a black and white pattern, so I'm going to try to keep things pretty simple.

Originally I was planning to alter the bodice pattern to make princess seams, since I've never made anything with princess seams, but I'm really liking the look of the patterned dress near the centre of my collage, with a single line down the centre.

It would certainly be a lot simpler to just use my regular bodice and sew a line of contrast fabric down the centre, but I kind of want to try and get a closer fit with style lines.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment