Pinterest Pin

Sunday, 15 June 2014

Poofy skirts are my jam

Oh man, don't you just love a poofy, pleated skirt?

I've spent the last few months thinking about making a big, poofy, wonderful skirt. I've got one that is blue and white and I wear it constantly. One of the first things I did when I bought a sewing machine was to alter the skirt to fit at my waist, to make the most of the A-line.

Lately, I've been seeing so many wonderful, full, A-line skirts. I have to get in on this!

In particular, I'm quite taken with this Ted Baker example.


I found this amazing collage over at Everyday Embellished. So good for us pears!


I only finished my most recent dress on Friday but I've already started on a skirt for myself!

I bought this amazing Oscar de la Renta silk twill from emmaonesock.com and it arrived on Friday.


This fabric is light but has some body. I had considered underlining it with silk organza but I didn't have the patience. Now I'm considering adding organza to the hem or using horsehair braid to get just a little more oomph. Or maybe a crinoline?

I'll also need to think about what I want to wear this with. I love the Ted Baker version paired with stripes over at Color me Courtney. I'm really digging that girl's style.



How cute is she? I may need to reprise my cropped sweater in a lighter, stripped jersey.



In any case, I'm so stoked about this project!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment