Pinterest Pin

Friday, 13 June 2014

Work dress

Damn! This dress is so good I almost wish I had work tomorrow so I could show it off!


This is the perfect summer work dress. And comfortable. The main fabric is a white and blue-almost-black patterned stretch cotton. It has on or two percent synthetic fibers that give it just a little bit if stretch. I lined the bodice with white cotton and the skirt with white bemberg. The contrast binding is black dupioni silk.


Only so much I can do to minimize my backside but I think the yoke goes a long way to balancing top and bottom.

8 comments:

  1. Damn Other Dana you should have come in today just to show that thing off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daina! I wish you were here to admire it in person ;p

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful dress. A success through and through. I'm very impressed by your pattern drafting skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still surprised when things turn out well!

      Delete
  3. lovely dress tres chic xxx

    You are welcome to check out my blog -- http://www.mlleepaulettegirl.com/
    Message me on insta -- insta@mlleepaulettegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. One beautiful dress Dana. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woof! That dress is hotter than the sun! And a great pair of heels to match, too. I'm curious about how you attached the binding to the princess seams. Did you simply sew over them with the binding, or sandwich them in the seams somehow? I would love to see a closeup of the binding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I just posted a little tutorial. I'm not very good at explaining without pictures!

      The tutorial can be found under the 'tutorial' tag.

      Delete