Pinterest Pin

Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Wonderful skirt!

See that look on my face? That's the look of a woman who is feeling very smug about how wonderful her new skirt is.

Right?! I used a scrumptious Oscar de la Renta silk twill from emmaonesock.com. I ended up buying about twice as much as I needed and it still cost less than the polyester skirt that was my inspiration. Booyah.

Plus my version has pockets, so that's a definite win.

Even the inside is pretty. I used some lace trim to finish the raw edge of the hem.


I was pretty lost in terms of matching thread for the invisible hem stitch, so I used grey thread, as per Gertie's handy tip.


Also, look how nice these pictures turned out! My friend Brian took them for me again. Woot!


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriana! I just used instructions from "Patternmaking for Fashion Design," but it's not really a pattern. I you just have to work out the pleat measurements and stitch it up! I'll be posting more details soon.

      Delete
  2. Girlfriend you are working it. The skirt is bangin. http://threadnoir.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful skirt - you have every reason to be smug. Did you draft your own pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This barely counts as a pattern. It really is just a rectangle with pleats! I'll be posting basic instructions in the next couple of days.

      Delete
  4. Thank you! I'm so glad that there's a style that in that is flattering for my pear shape!

    ReplyDelete