Pinterest Pin

Monday, 4 August 2014

A study in coral

Happy August statutory long weekend!


So I made yet another Kwik Sew 3559 yoked jersey dress. This is the first one I've done with the short sleeves. Perfect to throw on on the summer weekends. I can even bike in it!


In this version, I raised the yoke a little over an inch. I'd noticed in the long sleeve versions that I made the the yoke looked a little low (the yoke had to be below the sleeve. Otherwise, the yoke seem would have continued all the way down the sleeve).



I love this colour! I've also been experimenting with a bright lipstick, something I've always shied away from because I think it looks weird on me. I'm still getting used to it and I'm not sure how I feel about it.


This fabric is a rayon (I think) jersey from Emmaonesock. It's wonderfully drapey. It made it a bit tricky to sew but I really like the way it feels. This dress is like wearing pajamas!


Lately I've become more conscious of protecting my skin from the sun. (I had a big birthday this year. Can you guess which one?)

I've started wearing this gigantic hat. Not only is it glamorous, but it creates a lot of shade!






4 comments:

  1. That's really cute! Coral is such a pretty colour. I've been playing with brighter lipstick too - but mostly freaking out then buying another bland mauvy lipstick instead! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress and colour! I've also become more conscious / protective of the sun lately for similar reasons. :-S Need to get one of these big hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got so much out of that one pattern, haven't you! I love this latest edition, and the lovely coral lipstick.
    Oh and that great hat!

    ReplyDelete