Pinterest Pin

Sunday, 26 October 2014

Extremely glamorous and luxurious floral pencil skirt

It seems like a lot of the clothes that I've made this year are a little more glamorous than I really need. I just...really love beautiful things! Is there a name for that?

Oh, I just looked it up and there is a word for that.

It's aesthete.

You're welcome.

With that being said...




I'm so excited for an opportunity to wear this somewhere fancy! I love this skirt but it`s very fancy, which limits my opportunities to wear it. 


I used the floral silk that I bought in Istanbul. It`s very luxurious feeling and drape-y. I wanted a bit more structure so I underlined everything with some medium weight silk organza. I figured that drape-y would in this case translate to clingy. Clingy is not my friend.


All the basting of the underlining too ages but I'm glad I did. Also, I had a few moments of terror when I sewed up the side seams and it was too tight! I think I must have traced the wrong line on my pattern. I think. Ugh! It's a pattern that I drafted and there were a couple of different drafts on the same page.

Anyway, I had to pick out the stitches from my poor delicate silk! There's even still a faint line where the original stitching was. It was super sad, but I think it'll be OK and it's not very noticable.







As always, I used a grosgrain ribbon to finish the waistband. I splurged and bought silk.

The vent and hem. I love finishing the lining enclosed within the hem. It`s another Cabrera technique.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. If you sew it, the event will come. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Thank you. As it turns out, I have somewhere to wear it on Friday. Yay!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful skirt! By the way, love that you are posing in front of an ocean container, even if it is one of our competitors! Oh wait, won't be my competitor after this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you mind me sharing this on SSB in the future? I link to your post and let you know when shared. https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

    ReplyDelete