Pinterest Pin

Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Very Important News

My jacket is done! Well, it's at the tailor's to get buttonholes. It's looking really good, even if I do say to myself. (I'm going to wait until it's got buttons to take pics).

It took me about 6.75 hours to put in the lining, which I did it by hand. Not too sure why I decided to do it that way but there you have it. It does look pretty nice. Then I spent a bunch of time marking my buttonholes, which brings my total to 45 hours.

I had a bit of a difficult time trying to get buttonholes made. The first place I went to today could make keyhole buttonholes but they were so ugly and sloppy looking. It had this kind of vibe, but even shittier.


It was really uncomfortable for me to back out of getting them done once I was there, but I'm glad I did, because they would have been sooooooooo ugly!

After a little more running around, I tracked down a tailor that has a machine that can do a keyhole with a bar tack, and can do a proper lapel buttonhole. Like this, you know?


Oh, this contrast buttonhole reminds me. I really wanted to have a couple of contrast buttonholes but I ditched that idea when I thought I was going to get the ugly buttonholes, and then I was so happy that I found a place to do nice buttonholes I forgot to ask for it. So no contrast buttonholes for me.

Another bummer is that I have to wait for Monday to get my jacket done, because most of their staff is off right now. Still super grateful that they're gonna do it at all, though! I'm so excited to wear this jacket!

2 comments:

  1. Not that I am really great at doing buttonholes, but as usual a few reference links (in case you haven't found them before).

    http://www.tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/search/label/Boutonniere%20Milanaise

    https://vimeo.com/9509435

    Can't wait to see the finish product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the links, Chris! I definitely want to work on getting my hand sewn buttonhole game up to snuff this year. I did the buttonholes on the jacket I made a couple of years ago, but I was pretty intimidated my how bulky the fabric of this jacket is. I do love the look of the hand worked buttonholes, though.

      Delete