Pinterest Pin

Friday, 20 March 2015

The best pants


Hello pants! I mean hello friends! These are just as wonderful and crazy as I had hoped they would be.I knew that I needed photos that did them justice, so I took photos at the ROM. The sunlight was so wonderful! And the ROM is a cool-ass building.


This fabric, from emmaonesock.com, is silk with a little bit of width-wise stretch. It feels so nice! I'm glad it has a little give because the hens are very narrow. I stitched the hem with a double needle to keep a little of the stretch.



I used this pattern from BurdaStyle, but I changed so many things!

  • added pockets!
  • shortened by 4 1/2"
  • reduced the curve of the side seams
  • made more than half of the waistband elasticated (half was not enough!)
  • lengthened the back crotch seam and shortened the front crotch seam


FYI, it was windy. I was trying to work it. Right?


I can't wait for the weather to get nice so I can wear them all the time!

Edit: these are made with the Burda Style Elastic Waist Pants 10/2015

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic pants! I can see why you are so happy with them, and wow, that fabric is really great too. And hey, it is actually spring now, so I'm sure you'll be wearing them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, and your fabric choice is tres chic! Mind if I copy your lead? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them. Would you mind me sharing any of your sewing projects on SSB in the future? I credit, link to your post and let you know when featured. https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hi~ o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ I'm new here~~ Archeage?Follow these↓↓↓

    Archeage Gold

    Buy Archeage Gold

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, my name is Lena Klippel, I write for burda style in Germany – We want to publish your picture in the magazine, do you want to write me an e-mail, please?

    lena.klippel@burda.com

    Looking forward to hearing from you

    ReplyDelete