Remember I bought this gorgeous Valentino fabric in Istanbul back in September?
I finally made something with it!
I was hoping to finally make a dress like this Carolyn Schnurer number that I've been in love with for years.
Alas, the Valentino fabric had a little too much orange in it already, so using orange to contrast would have clashed too badly. Instead I used the always accommodating navy blue.
God damn, this dress is hard to photograph argh!
I used the Heidi from Burdastyle, which I've made a few different versions of. This time I re-drafted the skirt from my skirt block, since the original pattern was not quite right and I didn't have the patience to fiddle with it when I have a perfectly fitted block. I just added the princess seams in the front and pockets. There's not even a vent so it was dead easy.