Pinterest Pin

Saturday, 17 October 2015

I think I need help with my winter coat muslin

Hi there friends! I hope I can count on your help with this muslin!

It's been so long since I've used a commercial pattern that I feel like I'm out of practice in fitting.

On a side note, there were very light flurries here today. Winter is right around the corner!

Well, my first muslin is a bit of a hot mess.



  • Collar is gaping and sloppy-looking
  • wrinkling between the bust and the waist
  • front is swinging apart, very slightly.
  • boxy looking through waist (I want it to nip and flare out at the waist, like an A-line dress)
  • Those sleeves are pretty huge, especially below the elbow.


See what I mean about the waist? There's a lot of extra fabric, especially though the bust.


Here's the pinning that I did. I took a bunch of fabric out of the front length, and took a bunch of circumference out of the waist and bust.


Ugh, okay. lots of work to do on the back. Here I've taken it in at and above the waist and pinched out some extra fabric at the back of the neck. I had taken out some pleats and I'll be putting them back in. Because I need more width across the butt. 



Here is the side view, before and after pinning. This is tricky because I feel like the pinned version is less flattering from the side. Ugh, I can't tell. It also looks like it's swinging forward so I've either taken too much length out of the front or I might need to take out a little length from the back at the waist.

Please let me know if you have any ideas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment