Pinterest Pin

Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Iznik Style

Hi friends! How has your winter been? 

I've been slow in both sewing and updating the ol' blog but I really wanted to do this dress justice with great photos! Getting professional photos is the best! I'm so lucky to have a friend who's so talented and is a great hang. Thanks Brian!


Last year I started going to the gym and did a "cut" to drop 15 pounds. I can't believe what a difference it has made to how I feel and how I feel about the way I look, if that makes sense. The one downside is that not only are my clothes too big, but my patterns are too! I'm still wearing much of my old wardrobe, because it's not such a big difference, but I know my old clothes don't fit the way I want them to.

With this dress I finally took the time to re-fit my pattern. It's still not 100% perfect but it's getting there!


I'd been planning this dress since last summer when I bought this fabric from emmaonesock.com. I'm pretty shy of pattern matching. This pattern has a waistline seam and a centre back seam and I was a little worried how the fabric would look. I had seen this version on Diary of a Sewing Fanatic but the pattern she used was more of a shift dress, without the waist seam. Luckily, the pattern is so busy and bold that you can hardly see the seams.


2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful on you and from where I'm sitting the seams look perfectly matched. Also, congratulation on getting to your goal weight-you look fabulous! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Beautiful dress, I love the silhouette and fit. That fabric is so gorgeous, the design is "printastic"!

    I've learned that Pattern drafting gets easier with practice, it's basically about proportion and alignment.

    The waist seam is barely visible. You look great, Well done!

    ReplyDelete