Pinterest Pin

Monday, 6 June 2016

Chambray shirtdress take 2

Hello friends! I'm taking a break from posting about my bias gown to share some pics of my second chambray dress.


Perfect for hanging out in the back yard! I love those long summer days.

The chambray I used is really nice and light, so I can wear it in hot weather and still have my shoulders and arms covered. I've reached an age where I'm pretty worried about sun protection.


I used my old frienemy, 042010 long sleeve blouse from BurdaStyle. I just extended it from the bottom hem to make it into a dress. The pattern actually comes with longer pattern pieces to make a shirt dress but I've made so many changes to the shirt pattern I was not about to start that shit over again. Nuh-uh.


I actually started this dress before the other chambray shirtdress but I had given up because I thought that this one was going to be too small in the hips. I tried it on once I sewed up the side seams and thought it wasn't going to fit and just gave up. I must have been on drugs or something. I tried it again a few weeks later and now I'm so happy with it!


My friend Gus came by to say hello and help with some weeding. He's a good boy!



I love that I can link to my pinterest boards! Here's my inspiration board for this dress. I guess I still haven't nailed the cool-casual accessorizing. Need some wedge espadrilles, sun hat, bracelets and a leather purse. And longer legs!







2 comments:

  1. Hi! Found your blog link over on Burda (and I have to say, my blog is crickets and tumbleweeds, too) but I just wanted to say your shirt dress is so cute! I just picked up McCall's 7351 which I think would be pretty similar to your pattern. Now I just have to find the time to sew it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke, can't wait to see your dress! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete