Pinterest Pin

Saturday, 1 October 2016

Before and, uh ...progress

As I mentioned in my last post, I spent some time this summer redecorating. I also mentioned that the process is ongoing, probably forever. In that light, I wanted to post and document a few of the things I'm most proud of and excited about. I know this is supposed to be a sewing blog but really it's just a place for me to document and brag about the cool shit I make and pretend that anyone cares.

It's kind of just my own little corner of the internet and so if I want to post about how excited I am for the new couch we ordered, that's what I'm going to do!

So yeah. Now feels like a good time to post before shots and show my progress so far.

Because obvs if I wait until I'm done it'll never happen.



Yeah, so these are the before pics. The furniture we had was very handsome and well made and completely wrong for us. Well, me. Matt didn't care what it looked like, as long as it worked, which it did.

I was just sad every time I looked at it. I would see so many beautiful things on line or in magazines and just wish for a more beautiful home. Things were complicated by the fact that the dining set was a family heirloom (beware of hand-me-downs that turn into heirlooms. Heirlooms can't be left on the curb. They have to be - at the very least - donated. This is more complicated than it sounds).

Anyway, Matt manfully undertook navigating the family politics and I got to work figuring out what the heck I did want now that I had options.

It took months but here's where we are now.




A bar cart is on it's way, since our frankly obscene number of bottles can't be contained by the new buffet. I'm also working on a proper rug, but the look that I have my heart set on is a traditional Turkish style that tends to be narrower than I need. I wish I had known that I needed a rug in my life back when I was actually in Turkey. Buying this stuff online is hard!

Along with the rug, I want to add a light fixture. Of course, I have the opposite problem as the rug. I have no idea what kid of fixture I might want.

In other news, I sometimes buy flowers now.




No comments:

Post a Comment