Pinterest Pin

Monday, 24 April 2017

More interior decorating progress and other stuff

Oh, hi there!

It seems like I've been doing everything except blogging, lately (and really, for a while now). It is nice for me to have a a record of everything I've made but I just don't have the bandwidth to put the time into it that would actually make it good. C'est la vie!

Anyway, I took some photos of our main room, and I'm so happy with the progress! I'm now at a place where I'm not just constantly thinking about all the other changes I want to make.

Oh, and does anyone else find that pics get a lot darker when they save them to Google? I uploaded these to Google Pictures and then to the blog and I swear they get darker every time.

Before:




After!


 I'm in love with this rug! Every time I walk into the room I'm happy to see it.


Like it was made for Instagram.


Most important of all, I got the light fixture I've been lusting after for ages!! After a very stressful purchase and shipping experience (I'll spare you the details; it was mostly me stressing out about nothing) it's finally up and I freaking love it!!!


 I had been worried that our ceilings would be too low, but to my eye it looks like a million bucks. I think it really balances the room and it's like having a really beautiful sculpture that also adds some lighting depth. Every time I see it I'm happy.


 Oh, we also did a makeover on our fish tank. It only took a weekend and I'm absolutely thrilled with how it looks. Unfortunately, through a series of unfortunate events (Ich infection, and possibly some poisonous tank decorations) we lost a bunch of fish. Hopefully the tank ecosystem will be back on track soon so we can fill it up again with some pretty little fishies!



Here's another shot of the light. I love that the shape changes from every angle. Isn't it gorgeous?

Bonus round: I recently took some pics of a shirt I made. A friend gave me some gorgeous shirting fabric in lengths that were too small to make a proper shirt out of. So I did an off-the-shoulder blouse!


I'm really pleased with this solution! I know that this trend won't last forever so this is a nice chance to play around with it. And man, it was so quick to sew up! I adjusted a basic shirt pattern (a smaller size of the pattern I used to make this shirt). So simple!


Now I just need the summer weather to get here!



No comments:

Post a Comment